Monday, September 29, 2014

The Rancher and The Rockstar



This book by Lizbeth Selvig was a cute and a different story....

The story starts off by Gray (The Rockstar) trying to find his runaway son. His son lands on this ranch where he meets a woman named Abby who gives him a job. 

Now Kim is Abby's daughter who is actually obsessed with The Rockstar ( shocker or not).

From the very first moment  Gray and Abby have this rocky relationship.
"Look, Madam Jabberingwickets, or whatever the hell this place is called. You've got my son."(8).

But sparks between them did fly, because Gray made up a song just for her :

"A storm-eyed girl took my hand one day, and said, Follow me, boy, I know the way.I went with open heart and soul, till the rain came down and she had to go."(21)

Which now I see could be seen as a foreshadowing of the novel, because Abby is a very independent women and does not let anyone do things for her. But, once Gray came along she had to let go of that power she had developed and for the better.

One of the reasons why I liked this book was because it is different, but also family-oriented . You have two sides the father who does not care much for his son till much later and then you have the mother and daughter.

" Can I get a tattoo? Just a little horse head or a dolphin or something?(Kim)
" If you get a tattoo before you're thirty, I'll disown you", Abby laughed (85).

Like any romance novel most of them have graphic sex scene or a imagine that you know what is seriously going on. However,  Selvig had a lovely way with words with this matter. My favorite sentence in whole book:

"She was  a glowing wood sprite, a fairy nymph, a woodland goddness" (323)


Get a copy why not! 

PS- Check out my lifestyle/food blog